United Hospital Fund released its 2020 annual report, which provides highlights of the organization’s work during a tumultuous and uniquely challenging year.
Achieved with the collaboration of a diverse group of supporters, partners, and UHF board members, the accomplishments featured in the report focus on UHF’s three core issue areas: affordable and comprehensive insurance coverage and access to services; quality, equity, patient experience, and efficiency of health care delivery; and partnerships between the health care delivery system, public health agencies, and communities to address social needs affecting health.
Among the examples highlighted in the report:
- Helped New Yorkers who lost insurance during the COVID-19 pandemic gain coverage
- Supported New York State's critical Medicaid program during a year of crisis
- Tackled the challenge of improving transitions from skilled nursing facilities to home
- Established a new network of leaders in health care quality
- Launched statewide initiative to advance health equity focusing on children
- Spotlighted the severe impact of COVID-19 on New York’s children
The report also includes a commentary by UHF President Anthony Shih, “Working Toward a Brighter Future.”
The full report can be downloaded here.