Date & Time
Jul 18, 2019
8:30AM - 3:30PM
New York Academy of Medicine
Fifth Avenue at 103rd St., NYC
This annual conference brings together more than 400 health care policymakers, providers, insurers, community organizations, and policy experts to discuss timely issues of import to New York’s Medicaid Program. As in previous years, the opening keynote will be provided by the New York State Medicaid Director.
Registration for the conference is now open; scroll down to register online.
8:30 AM Registration and Breakfast
9:00 AM Welcome
- Anthony Shih, MD, President, United Hospital Fund
9:15 AM State of the State of New York Medicaid
- Donna Frescatore, New York State Medicaid Director and Executive Director, New York State of Health
10:30 AM Coffee Break
11:00 AM The Future of Integration for Medicaid Long-Term Care
New York’s reform landscape has created new opportunities to improve the integration of Medicaid long-term care with physical and behavioral health services. This panel will feature the perspectives of long-term care providers and other stakeholders on how to foster more coordinated and integrated care for the Medicaid members they serve, including efforts to improve the integration of care for individuals who are dually eligible for Medicaid and Medicare.
- Moderator: Kathryn Haslanger – Chief Executive Officer, JASA
- Panel in formation
12:15 PM Lunch
1:15 PM Ensuring the Long-Term Success of DSRIP
Under New York’s DSRIP Program, Performing Provider Systems (PPSs) have achieved a number of successes in advancing New York Medicaid’s triple aim of better health, better care, and lower costs. This panel will consider which PPS practices and infrastructure gains have been most important, and whether and how these can be sustained, post-DSRIP, under new value-based payment contexts in the years to come.
- Moderator: Chad Shearer, Vice President and Medicaid Institute Director, United Hospital Fund
- Peggy Chan – Director, DSRIP Program, New York State Department of Health
- Isaac Dapkins, MD – Medical Director, NYU Langone Brooklyn PPS
- Ann Monroe – Co-Chair, DSRIP Project Approval and Oversight Panel and former President, Health Foundation for Western & Central New York
- Additional panelist(s) to be announced
2:30 PM Conversation: The Path Forward for Medicaid Managed Care in New York
Nearly 80% of Medicaid members in New York are enrolled in some type of Medicaid managed care plan. The push toward “care management for all,” as part of the Medicaid Redesign Team’s original vision, increased this percentage substantially in recent years. As DSRIP comes to a close, value-based payment reaches a critical mass, and managed care plans assume responsibilities for new populations and services, this session will take a step back, discuss the recent history of Medicaid managed care, and explore how plans view their vital role in New York Medicaid going forward.
- Moderator: Anthony Shih, MD, President, United Hospital Fund
- Karen Ignagni – President and CEO, EmblemHealth
- Pat Wang – President and CEO, Healthfirst
3:30 PM End of conference
Scroll down to register online, (or click here for a pdf for registering by check). The fee for the conference is $125 per person, which includes conference materials, continental breakfast, and lunch. If you are registering more than one person, you must enter the name, title, organization, and email address of each person who will be attending in the "Attendee Information" field.