Advanced Primary Care (APC) Quality Improvement Resource Compendia
To support the quality improvement efforts of primary care practices in New York’s Advanced Primary Care (APC) program, UHF’s Quality Institute has compiled two Quality Improvement Resource Compendia. Together, these documents provide quality improvement guidance for 26 quality measures of the APC Core Measure Set. Compendium I provides resources on 13 claims-based measures, including those featured in the 2017 release of the APC Scorecard, a practice-level performance profile of APC program participants. Compendium II provides resources related to an additional 13 measures, the majority of which require non-claims-based sources of data (e.g., clinical records, chart review).
For each measure, the compendia present a manageable set of resources, developed by reliable and trusted national sources and based on the synthesis of scientific evidence. A variety of tools—including toolkits, narratives, fact sheets, webinars, courses, and social media—provide busy primary care practices with practical assistance as they seek to transform care and advance care quality.
Both the full compendia and the individual measure resources can be downloaded below.
- Advanced Primary Care Quality Improvement Resource Compendium I (7071KB)
- Advanced Primary Care Quality Improvement Resource Compendium II (3660KB)
- Prevention: Cervical Cancer Screening (588KB)
- Prevention: Breast Cancer Screening (563KB)
- Prevention: Colorectal Cancer Screening (354KB)
- Prevention: Chlamydia Screening (583KB)
- Prevention: Influenza Immunization (576KB)
- Prevention: Childhood Immunization Status (576KB)
- Prevention: Fluoride Varnish Application (468KB)
- Chronic Disease: Tobacco Use Screening and Intervention (359KB)
- Chronic Disease: Controlling High Blood Pressure (469KB)
- Chronic Disease: Diabetes: HbA1C Testing, Eye Exam, Medical Attention for Nephropathy (1028KB)
- Chronic Disease: Diabetes: HbA1C Poor Control, Foot Exams (595KB)
- Chronic Disease: Beta Blocker Treatment After Heart Attack (794KB)
- Chronic Disease: Medication Management for People with Asthma (1414KB)
- Chronic Disease: Weight Assessment and Counseling for Children and Adolescents, BMI Screening and Follow Up (355KB)
- Behavioral Health: Screening for Clinical Depression and Follow-Up Plan (479KB)
- Behavioral Health: Initiation and Engagement of Alcohol and Other Drug Dependence Treatment (356KB)
- Behavioral Health: Antidepressant Medication Management (463KB)
- Patient-Reported: CAHPS Access to Care, Getting Care Quickly (357KB)
- Appropriate Use: Imaging Studies for Low Back Pain (366KB)
- Appropriate Use: Avoidance of Antibiotic Treatment in Adults with Acute Bronchitis (1431KB)
- Appropriate Use: Hospitalization, Readmission, ED Visits (453KB)
Resources for family caregivers and health care providers are available at our Next Step in Care website.