Date & Time
Oct 28, 2021
9:30AM - 2:00PM
The Annual Symposium is designed to foster understanding and collaboration around current health care practice and research in New York, build bridges among health services researchers and practitioners, and showcase the New York health services research community.
Webcast participants will be able to pose questions to the keynoter and research presenters as part of the live question-and-answer sessions. This webcast will be recorded; all registrants will receive a link to the recorded sessions after the Symposium. Agenda and presentation titles are listed below.
Aletha Maybank, MD, MPH, Chief Health Equity Officer and Senior Vice President, American Medical Association (AMA). Dr. Maybank will discuss the AMA’s three-year strategic plan to embed racial justice and advance health equity. She will discuss strategies to mitigate health disparities, including physician diversity initiatives, data collection, and partnerships and investments to benefit the broader community. Her keynote will also review the impact of COVID-19 on marginalized, minoritized, and medically underserved communities, and how providers and policymakers can address inequities in care.
Panel: Specific Populations Affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Leveraging Geographic Information Systems for Hot-Spotting during COVID-19
- Social Determinants of Health Outreach to Veterans during COVID-19
- Changes in Adiposity as Measured by Modified BMI Z-Scores Associated with the COVID-19 Pandemic
Lunch and Video Posters
- National Outreach of Telepalliative Medicine Volunteers for a New York City Safety-Net System COVID-19 Pandemic Response
- Telehealth Use by New York State Medicaid Beneficiaries Pre- and Post-COVID-19
- Knowledge, Attitude and Perceptions of COVID-19 Vaccination Among Health Care Workers of New York City Public Hospitals- A Cross-Sectional Study
- A Profile of New York State Nurse Practitioners
- Comparison of Short- and Long-Term Outcomes Between Survivors of ICU Hospitalization with and without COVID-19 Infection - A Prospective Study
Panel: Perspectives on Vaccinations for the Health Care Community
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the Home Health Aide Workforce in New York City
- Vaccine Distribution in a HOT SPOT: Work Towards Herd Immunity/Promoting Health Equity
- Additional Panelist TBD
Register for the Symposium here.
More details on this event will be announced soon on this webpage. For questions about the Symposium, please contact Hollis Holmes at email@example.com.