Date & Time
Jul 15, 2021
9:30AM - 4:00PM
PRESENTED WITH SUPPORT FROM THE COMMONWEALTH FUND
The 2021 Medicaid Conference will be presented as a live webcast, from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, with a break for lunch. Registration is free; see below to register.
Anthony Shih, MD, President, United Hospital Fund
9:45—Morning Keynote: State of the State of New York Medicaid
Keynote speaker: Brett Friedman, Director of Strategic Initiatives and Special Medicaid Counsel in the Office of Health Insurance Programs, New York State Department of Health
11:00—Morning Panel: Medicaid’s Role in Providing Holistic Health Care for People Experiencing Homelessness in New York
Moderator: Bonnie Mohan, Executive Director, The Health and Housing Consortium, Inc.
- Lisa Green, Senior Vice President, Residential Services, The Bridge
- Ron Lawson, Chief Operating Officer, Care for the Homeless
- Van Yu, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Center for Urban Community Services and Janian Medical Care
1:15—Fireside Chat: What's the Future for Medicaid?
Speaker: Anne Marie Costello, Deputy Center Director for the Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
2:30—Afternoon Panel: Addressing Community Needs Through Medicaid
- Kishor E. Malavade, MD, Vice Chair, Department of Population Health, Maimonides Medical Center
- Shari Suchoff, Vice President, Population Health Policy and Strategy, Maimonides Medical Center / Executive Director, Brooklyn Communities Collaborative
- Susan Beane, MD, Vice President and Executive Medical Director, Healthfirst
- Debra Lesane Watson, previously with Caribbean Women's Health Association
- Jeffannie O’Garro, Alumna, Participatory Action Research Alumni