Reporting to the vice president for education and program initiatives, provide administrative support for the Quality Institute, which works to assess and improve quality, develop the capacity of the health care system and its providers, and promote patient engagement in health care outcomes. The position will also support other policy and program areas, including the Families and Health Care Project, conferences, and UHF’s grant making program.
- Provide administrative support to program areas, with a primary focus on the Quality Institute; support and prepare agendas for Quality Institute team meetings and attend team meetings;
- Coordinate mailings, schedule meetings and conference calls, and proofread and/or format related documents;
- Maintain and update data in Raisers Edge, a contact management database;
- Assist with maintenance and management of website content, social media, and other online communication;
- Handle telephone calls, incoming mail, photocopying, scanning, and filing;
- Coordinate and handle arrangements for meetings, including arranging entry of visitors into the building, tracking RSVPs, ordering refreshments, room reservation and set-up, and developing and compiling meeting materials; also work with Information Systems on audiovisual and conference calling requirements;
- Assist in preparing and formatting meeting briefing books, reports, PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and other materials;
- Organize, manage, and track travel arrangements and expenses, including purchase orders, check requisitions, and reimbursements;
- Assist with reception relief and other administrative duties, or other special projects as assigned;
Conduct internet searches and report results as requested.
Undergraduate college degree and a minimum of three years of related work experience.
Knowledge and Abilities: Strong communications skills (oral and written) and interest in being part of a team of professionals committed to improving health care in New York. Excellent administrative and general office skills, including electronic folder management, filing, calendar and meeting management, and telephone skills. Exceptional PC skills, including MS Office Suite and Outlook, data entry, and database management, preferably with experience in Raisers Edge or a similar database such as Access. Must be a quick learner, with excellent interpersonal skills. Candidates must be motivated to contribute to UHF’s mission, and able to work independently and organize, plan, and prioritize work. This position requires collaboration, flexibility, and willingness to support the Division’s full schedule of activities and team members.
United Hospital Fund offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience combined with generous benefits, including health, dental, life, and disability insurance; a tax-deferred annuity savings plan; paid time off; a commuting subsidy; collegial environment with a good “work/life” balance.
United Hospital Fund is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that values workplace diversity.
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter, noting “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your email to: [email protected].
Resources for family caregivers and health care providers are available at our Next Step in Care website.