Quality Collaborative, Spring 2017
Two stories in this issue examine initiatives addressing antibiotic misuse and resistance. One involves nine hospitals and health systems and tackles prescribing practices in the outpatient setting, while the other works in assisting over 40 nursing homes in implementing and sustaining an antibiotic stewardship program. Other stories give updates on the new class of Clinical Quality Fellows, new toolkits for hospital staff to help them meet the requirements of New York State’s recently implemented Caregiver Advise, Record and Enable (CARE) Act, and GNYHA and UHF’s recently released Impact Collaborative Toolkit for providers looking to improve care coordination between hospitals and nursing homes.
Articles in this issue:
- GNYHA/UHF Work with Nursing Homes on Antibiotic Resistance
- UHF Focuses on Misuse of Antibiotics in Outpatient Care
- GNYHA and UHF Welcome New Class of Fellows
- Understanding the CARE Act: A New Toolkit for Hospital Staff
- IMPACT Collaborative Toolkit Available
Resources for family caregivers and health care providers are available at our Next Step in Care website.