The Fund publishes the results of its health care finance work through its Hospital Watch series. Twice a year, Hospital Watch Vital Signs reports the most up-to-date data on trends in use, operations, and financial performance of voluntary and municipal hospitals in New York City.
More in-depth Hospital Watch reports analyze timely issues related to health care finance and utilization in New York. Recent reports have focused on:
- The use of hospital emergency departments and what those patterns say about access to care;
- Trends in ambulatory care;
- Non-residents’ use of New York hospitals;
- The effects of changing patterns of illness on hospital finances; and
- The deteriorating finances of New York City’s nonprofit hospitals and the resulting effect on capital investment.
See the latest issue and back issues of Hospital Watch.
Resources for family caregivers and health care providers are available at our Next Step in Care website.