The Fund publishes the results of its health care finance work through its Hospital Watch series. Twice a year, Hospital Watch Vital Signs reports the most up-to-date data on trends in use, operations, and financial performance of voluntary and municipal hospitals in New York City.
More in-depth Hospital Watch reports analyze timely issues related to health care finance and utilization in New York. Recent reports have focused on:
- The use of hospital emergency departments and what those patterns say about access to care;
- Trends in ambulatory care;
- Non-residents’ use of New York hospitals;
- The effects of changing patterns of illness on hospital finances; and
- The deteriorating finances of New York City’s nonprofit hospitals and the resulting effect on capital investment.
See the latest issue and back issues of Hospital Watch.